Exploring the web I met a funny images depicting something looking like a small world. I was curious how people do those pictures as they seemed to be something fantastic.
Now I know how to do such pictures. This is funny and everyone can do his own small tiny planet using own photos. The process is very simple. Let me describe this in a few words. You will need image of a good quality and Photoshop.
- STEP1. Find any photo that you like. The best will be a panoramic photo with a good resolution. I used photos of 4000 or even 10000 pixels width.
- STEP2. Crop image to have the left and right image looks as similar as possible. This will make your life easier later.
- STEP3. Go to ‘Images>Image size..’ and copy value of Width to the Height (to make the image square). Notice that you should uncheck a check-box ‘Constrain Proportions’ to be able change the Height without changing the Width.
- STEP4. Go to ‘Images>Image Rotation’ and choose ’180°’. This will flip the image upside down.
- STEP5. Check that your image Mode set to RGB, 8bit. This can be done in ‘Image>Mode’
- STEP6. Go to ‘Filters>Distort>Polar Coordinates..’ and choose ‘Rectangular to Polar’ option.
- STEP7. Now you have your planet but you need to make some postprocessing to make it smooth. I use a ‘Clone Stamp’ or make a copy of the layer and rotate it and delete some parts. But this part will depend on you.
Here are my tiny planets You are welcome to comment or share this article if it is helpful.
P.S. Thanks to Varina Patel for sharing her way of creating tiny planets.