This post is to share a few panorama photos from our visit to the Castle of St. George (Castelo de Sao Joseph) in Lisbon.
The Castle of St. GeorgeOn is located on the top of the highest hill in Lisbon in Alfama region. The castle started out as a 5th century Visigothic fort. After that Moors built the castle. In 1147 Dom Afonso Henriques expelled the Moors and the kings or Portugal lived here until the 16th century. Most of the castle’s buildings were destroyed during the earthquake of 1755.
Here is the one of the castle inner towers:
And this is the ruins of the oldest part of the castle:
And the one can find a very nice view from the towers of the castle as it is on the highest hill in Lisbon. Here is the one of them: