The Castle square in Warsaw (plac Zamkowy w Warszawie) is the square in front of the Royal castle, the residence of the Polish monarchs, and before the Warsaw Old Town. Since 1644 it has the Sigismund’s Column on the third side of the Castle square triangle.
During the WW2 the Castle square was destroyed as the most of the Warsaw. After the war the square was renewed and reconstructed. The final works were completed in 1988.
The Castle square was only in 15 minutes walking from our apartment and we enjoyed to spend our time here. This place is very famous among tourists and locals.