The Constitution Square in Kharkiv is the oldest square of Kharkiv. It was founded in 1659. During centuries it went through many historical event and was renamed a few times. This square was Market square; then – in 1919 – Nickolas Square; then – 1920-1975 – it was Tevelev’s Square (in the name of the bolsheviks); then – 1975-1996 – it was the Soviet Ukraine Square; and from 1996 its name is the Constitution Square.
The last modification on this square is the reconstruction of the place where the old tanks and the monument of bolsheviks with a flag were located. The tanks and the monument were demounted and removed. Instead of those the new monument of the goddess Nike was built. Honestly, the square became more modern and looks nicer.
Here are a few photos of the new monument. These photos are HDR images made of 3 photos.